Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back in the Saddle!

I'm back to riding y'all, and it feels great! I rode 4 times this past week. The first two times were just at the walk with a thick bareback pad on, and then last Sunday I rode at the walk and canter in my saddle! Last night I rode for about 30 mins., walking, trotting (posting) and cantering. It was great! Final feels good thanks to my friend Susan who has been keeping him going for me while I was "out on maternity leave". I couldn't imagine starting to ride him if he had 2.5 months off! That would have been terrible for him and I.

Now that Izzy can eat from a bottle, it allows me a little more time and freedom to ride and do other things, providing Ali is game for hanging out with her, which he almost always is. I'm going to ride again tomorrow evening after Susan rides him. Pretty exciting! I'm even thinking of maybe a show in November...Starr Vaughn perhaps. We'll see...

No comments:

Bronze Medal

I'm proud to say that Final has helped me earn my Bronze Medal from USDF. My beloved Yochi got the scores we needed at First Level, and Final helped me get the scores needed at Second and Third Levels. I'm pretty proud of my boys! They've taught me so much.

Up next, Silver Medal.