Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hello Again

I'm back to posting on my blog! Life is very different now than it was a year ago. Our little Izzy is just the center of our world, but I am still making time to ride Final between 4-5 days a week! People said riding would be set on the back burner once I had my baby, but nope, I knew I could balance the two. Ali watches Izzy while I spend time with my other baby. :)

Katie D., who is a long-time Ellen student, has moved to Davis with her husband while he attends grad school, and she brought her beautiful horse, Willoughby along and is keeping him at my farm! It's been great, we try and ride together each time, offering "eyes" for each other to make sure we're on the right track with our horses.

We also have great arena lights installed, making riding in the dark much more productive! Baby Final is doing really well. We're still working hard on the changes, well, most of the time, and all of the other stuff that go along with aspiring toward the Prix St. George level. I'm aiming for the show at Rancho Murieta in February to debut my first ever PSG ride. Katie even let me borrow her tail coat so I can try and get the correct sizing I need for my own coat! Pretty exciting!

No comments:

Bronze Medal

I'm proud to say that Final has helped me earn my Bronze Medal from USDF. My beloved Yochi got the scores we needed at First Level, and Final helped me get the scores needed at Second and Third Levels. I'm pretty proud of my boys! They've taught me so much.

Up next, Silver Medal.